copyright 2010 - Shanti Yoga & Counseling, Tania Bayne
What “Shanti” means
“Shanti” in Sanskrit means peace, calmness, tranquility – all valuable qualities you cultivate through the practice of yoga and meditation. One of the purposes and benefits of yoga is to calm the mind, or “to stop the fluctuations of the mind” as explained by Patanjali in his original Yoga Sutras.
• is a divine attribute
• is harmony, silence, calm, repose
• is the quality of your soul
• is your happy, natural state of being
• fills the pure heart
• is freedom from disturbance, anxiety,
agitation, or violence
• brings balance in your life
• helps you to be centered and grounded
“Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way” Swami Vishnudevananda
Shanti Yoga & Counseling is a home-like studio dedicated to teaching the ancient art and practice of yoga, meditation, and emotional healing. We provide Professional Counseling Services and Integrative mind-body therapeutic modalities, such as Emotional Yoga Therapy.
At Shanti Yoga & Counseling:
• you take the first steps on your journey of
self-discovery and transformation
• you learn the art and science of yoga
• you adopt a healthy lifestyle equally engaging mind, body, and heart
• you receive individual attention and care for your unique mind-body needs
• you return to your natural state of balance, contentment, and well-being
We believe in the healing power of yoga – on physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
PARTNER YOGA WORKSHOP
WITH TANIA BAYNE (SHANTI), LPC, RYT-200
April 26, 2014 (Saturday)
2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Fee: $30/person; $50/couple
This workshop is open to yoga students of all levels, no previous experience required, just an open mind and playful attitude to enrich your yoga experience and learn new ways of connection, trust, openness, and joy when you practice with a partner. Bring your partner or just yourself and Join us in this fun playshop and take the partner practice home with you!
Call us to register: (228) 284-2337
OUR COUNSELING OFFICE ACCEPTS BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD
& TRICARE INSURANCE FOR COUNSELING SERVICES
By appointment only.
Call us: (228) 284-2337