copyright 2010 - Shanti Yoga & Counseling, Tania Bayne
What “Shanti” means
“Shanti” in Sanskrit means peace, calmness, tranquility – all valuable qualities you cultivate through the practice of yoga and meditation. One of the purposes and benefits of yoga is to calm the mind, or “to stop the fluctuations of the mind” as explained by Patanjali in his original Yoga Sutras.
• is a divine attribute
• is harmony, silence, calm, repose
• is the quality of your soul
• is your happy, natural state of being
• fills the pure heart
• is freedom from disturbance, anxiety,
agitation, or violence
• brings balance in your life
• helps you to be centered and grounded
“Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way” Swami Vishnudevananda
Shanti Yoga & Counseling is a home-like studio dedicated to teaching the ancient art and practice of yoga, meditation, and emotional healing. We provide Professional Counseling Services and Integrative mind-body therapeutic modalities, such as Emotional Yoga Therapy.
At Shanti Yoga & Counseling:
• you take the first steps on your journey of
self-discovery and transformation
• you learn the art and science of yoga
• you adopt a healthy lifestyle equally engaging mind, body, and heart
• you receive individual attention and care for your unique mind-body needs
• you return to your natural state of balance, contentment, and well-being
We believe in the healing power of yoga – on physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
NEWS & UPCOMING EVENTS
WE WILL BE CLOSED ON MARCH 4 (TUESDAY)
FOR MARDI GRAS
WE WILL RE-OPEN ON MARCH 5 (WEDNESDAY) WITH OUR
REGULAR HOURS AND CLASS SCHEDULE
1-DAY ZEN MEDITATION RETREAT - HOW TO EASE YOUR MIND
WITH ZEN MASTER THAY THIEN TRI
March 15, 2014 (Saturday)
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Fee: $35 (including lunch)
No previous experience is required. It is an introduction for beginners in meditation practice. It will include instruction, discussion and sitting and walking meditation, with focus on the mind. Join us to learn simple and effective techniques to calm your mind and bring balance to your life. The benefits of Meditation are improving focus and mental clarity, decreasing stress, decreased anxiety and emotional reactivity, improved sleep and job performance, and overall peace and well-being. You will learn to cultivate equanimity and serenity in your daily life.
OUR COUNSELING OFFICE ACCEPTS BLUE CROSS/BLUE SHIELD
& TRICARE INSURANCE FOR COUNSELING SERVICES
By appointment only.
Call us: (228) 284-2337