Shanti Yoga & Counseling opened doors in August 2010 in response to the need for healing and holistic mental health care as well as preventative and therapeutic services on the Gulf Coast of Mississippi. Since then, Tania Bayne, owner and licensed professional counselor has worked with and helped hundreds of residents on the Mississippi Gulf Coast to rebuild their life and emotional well-being since Hurricane Katrina in 2005 by bringing a holistic approach tailored to the unique needs of each individual.
Tania Bayne (Shanti) has received numerous awards, recognitions, and honors over the years, such as the Woman of Achievement by the Lighthouse Women in Business in Biloxi, MS; The Champion of The Women in Business in Mississippi by the Small Business Association as the State winner honored by the Mississippi Small Business Association in 2014; Clinical Mental Health Counselor of the Year Award for 2015 by the Mississippi Counseling Association.
What “Shanti” means
Shanti” in Sanskrit means peace, calmness, tranquility – all valuable qualities you cultivate through the practice of yoga and meditation. One of the purposes and benefits of yoga is to calm the mind, or “to stop the fluctuations of the mind” as explained by Patanjali in his original Yoga Sutras.
- is a divine attribute
- is the quality of your soul
- is your happy, natural state of being
- fills the pure heart
- is freedom from disturbance, anxiety, agitation, or violence
- brings balance in your life
- helps you to be centered and grounded
“Health is wealth. Peace of mind is happiness. Yoga shows the way” Swami Vishnudevananda
Shanti Yoga & Counseling is a holistic center providing integrative healing services combining psychology, yoga, and meditation, for mind-body balance and emotional wellness.
At Shanti Yoga & Counseling:
- you take the first steps on a journey of self-discovery and transformation
- you learn the art and science of yoga
- you adopt a healthy lifestyle equally engaging mind, body, and heart
- you receive individual attention and care for your unique mind-body needs
- you return to your natural state of balance, contentment, and well-being
We believe in the healing power of yoga – on physical, emotional, and spiritual level.
The Benefits of Studio Membership:
– Unlimited access to all weekly classes,
– All yoga props provided by studio (yoga mats, bolsters, blankets, belts, blocks, etc.)
– Complementary Refreshments provided – tea, coffee, and bottled water,
– Relaxing Zen Garden in the back of studio,
– And we are open 6 days a week.
Enjoy our yoga sanctuary and Namaste.